Sunday, August 30, 2015

Gamers Gotta Eat (Bonus Feature): Pretty Plates and Taco Test

It's my blog, I can write about whatever I want.  This post is not about board games. 

But it is about food.  And I need food to live.  And I need to be alive to play board games.  It's the circle of life and it rules us all.

One of my non-boardgames hobbies is cooking.  In fact, I love a good boardgame night that involves a big meal with friends.

For more on these meals I refer you to one of my favorite blog friends.  Lots of food, much of which was shared during board game nights.
This post in particular I hold near and dear to my heart.  It was also a fabulously successful attempt at duck l'orange.

But onto the main event.  Here's some plates I've made up over the past month or so.

Pan-seared venison with a red wine reduction and brussel sprouts:


Braised pork neck bones in marinara with pancetta alfredo pasta

Luganega sausage with red wine reduction, artichoke, and garlic cheese bread

Simple burger with fried egg and pico de gallo

Panko breaded chicken breast with beurre blanc sauce and a spring mix salad


Shrimp and mussel paella and brussel sprouts


On a less classy note, today I decided to see if I could eat a whole taco 12 pack from taco bell.





Turns out I could.  But not worth it.  



I hope I made you hungry.  Happy gaming and happy eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment