Monday, September 21, 2015

Dark Link for Gen Con 2016!


Gen Con 2016 is fast approaching! (not really, but I wish it was).  
I didn't go this year.  Though I found out a friend went and never told me.  If I had known I would've asked to tag along.  But I didn't know.  It was quite upsetting.

Anyway, can't wait for next Gen Con.  Gotta prepare.

Next year, my gaming group and I are planning to take a day to dress based on a Legend of Zelda theme.
I thought Link was too typical, so Dark Link was suggested instead.  I like it.  He Link, but dark.  Edgy, even.

I got excited, because Gen Con gets me excited.  So I've basically put my costume together already.
Now, of course, I don't make my own costumes or go all out or anything.  So I opted for a modern, sleek, night on the town style for my take on Dark Link.

First off, the dark shirt.  I went with a simple slim fitting black button down shirt. 
Now, the idea of wearing tights just seems unpleasant to me.  As homage to the link undertights, however, I've paired the dress shirt with its sleeves rolled with a tight sportswear compression shirt.  

Keeps Link cool and shows off the killer abs when the shirt comes off at the end of the day.

Dark Link would wear this if he were as sleek as myself.
Next is the pants.  Again, no tights.  Constricting.  Don't like.  Modern Dark Link would wear slim fitting jeans.  In black, of course. Levi's.  A modern classic.

Pants.  Very exciting.

And then, shoes.  I love shoes.  Let that be known.
I saw these Clark's boots on sale, on a shopping trip where I said to myself "I wonder if I can make it through this without buying shoes..."
They're rugged and classy at the same time.


With the main outfit assembled, I began seeking accessories.

Number one accessory for a Dark Link is, of course, the cap.
Found a really nice felt cap on Etsy.  It fits my head perfectly.

Mozzie loves hats, so he wanted to model it for you.  It doesn't quite fit him.

MY NAME'S MOZZIE AND I LOVE HATS!
Finally, I wanted the iconic shield.  Last Gen Con I attended, I carried around a nylon shoulder bag which was small and uncomfortable, so I thought a shield backpack would be great.  But where do you find one of those?

Here is where.

MINE!

The very nice people there informed me that they just moved some of their operation to the US, and I was the recipient of their first backpack made here!!  I had to wait a few extra weeks for them to get their materials in, but they were very responsive and still shipped it out pretty quickly.  Nice.

They also put a ton of love into the shipping and packing:

Pink box wrapping and butterfly!
That's wear I cut to open the box!  Lavender tape!
Inside the box.  Lots of pink frillies!

And a cute handmade card.
The backpack is awesome, soft, well made, and comfy.  It is simply excellent.

Time to put it all together.  Mozzie volunteered to model for you yet again.

By the way, I totally didn't come home from a hard productive day at work and dress up a teddy bear in my clothes.  That...that would be ridiculous.  I'm a grown man.
Sure, it is kind of adorable.  I mean, if I was cute girl I would date a guy who did adorable things like that.  Especially if he was kinda nerdy and liked boardgames.
But like I said, I didn't do that.  Come on.

No judging.  I can smell your judgment.  And it smells like pumpkin ale (Happy Autumn everyone!)

Anyway, here's Mozzie!
He's super tall!  And maybe dead.
Hi!

What?  Mozzie, no!  The Dark Master Sword is not a toy!  That's how you hurt yourself!
Aw man.
And yeah, when the time comes, I'm going to get all sinister looking and make my eyes pop with some eye liner.  And maybe die the hair white.  Yeah.  I'm cool.

And after a solid day of boardgaming and other activities, I'll kick back and absorb and enjoy the wonderful day I had.  Looking forward to Gen Con 2016!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment